Keeping the kitchen clean (video)This document is available in English as well as in languages other than English. Links to the English and multilingual resources can be accessed further below. To download information click on the selected language. This will take you directly to the resource. The information in brackets gives the format and file size if known. Note that some PDFs can be quite large and may take several minutes to download.
Title: Keeping the kitchen clean (video) (Links to English resource)
Summary: In the kitchen, food poisoning bacteria are brought in on raw foods like chicken, meat and vegetables. Bacteria can also be transferred on work surfaces, cutting boards, knives and other kitchen equipment. So follow these simple tips to avoid cross contamination:
- Thoroughly clean food preparation surfaces
- Clean kitchen equipment properly during and after preparing foods, using warm soapy water
- Store raw meat, chicken and fish in the fridge below other foods
- Make sure all foods are covered when stored in the fridge
- Wash hands thoroughly before handling food and after handling raw foods
Organisation: Food Standards Australia New Zealand
Last reviewed: January 2019
Target audience: General
English resource: Report broken link
You need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader To view the PDFs. Get Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.